Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Hero is Finnish /A Hero's Finish/ A Hero's Danish

There are wrong decisions. Decisons that are wrong. The wrong decision right now is to go to my closest Safeway and go to the bread aisle and surreptiousously and repititously walk up and down it until it is empty pretending like I am looking for some bread, and then grab the box of chocolate Entenmann donuts that I know are at the end of that aisle and buy them before anyone can see me and look down their nose at the chubby kid buying nothing but donuts.

There are right decisions. Decisions that are right. They include calling up acquantances and setting up some time to watch a movie or hang out, then going to the gym and spending some time on the treadmill. These are healthy options. But they would not taste delicious and they do not hold the same kind of thrall over me as the idea of having 12 dozen chocolate donuts all to myself and slowly devouring them as I let tv show episodes on netflix turn my mind into mush.
There are worse decisions, but they aren't very likely. There are even better decisions but those aren't very likely either. Right now there is a 70% chance I will get the donuts and a 25% chance that I will go do the gym. There is a 4% chance I will just stay here and read and go to bed. Because I feel like going out, but I also feel like being alone. I feel doing something, but I don't think I have any clean gym socks. And I have about 1/8 of a gallon of milk left in the fridge. It's almost like the stars are aligning themselves so as to make an arrow pointing at the end of the bread aisle at safeway. Almost as if the 10 pounds I have put on in the last 12 months and the other 10 pounds in the 12 before that are calling out for company.

The dying gallon of milk in the fridge is asking to have a hero's finish. To go down like it started, with a delicious chocolate donut.

No comments:

Post a Comment